Saturday, December 26, 2009

President Obama Vacations in Hawaii

Don't get me wrong; I have no beef with Presidential “vacations” as such; mostly, because as President, there really are no vacations, no matter where you are. You are always on call. (Still, if GWB had tried this..)

That said, Hawaii's an awfully expensive, exotic touch, when millions of Americans are unemployed, and the nation will struggle to pay for the ever increasing scope of Bailoutistan, as well as the eventuall bill for nationalizing healthcare.

Secondly, I don't want to see any more global warming / climate change hipocracy from a guy who flies his family, a major security detail, a gobble of staffers, and attendant press sycophants a kazillion miles to Hawaii.

If global warming due to man made CO2 is a crisis, why don't our politicians act like it's a crisis?

I'd like to take my family to Hawaii for a vacation, but it seems that in the future, only the friends of Obama will be priveleged to do so.