Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mixed Nuts: Naomi Wolf

And brother, they hardly come more nuts than Ms. Wolf. Best known for fleecing the Gore campaign out of thousands for trying to make Al into an “alpha male”, Ms Wolf has now descended into the depths of paranoia. I guess it’s only to be expected that an assignment like making Al Gore an “alpha male” could push anyone over the edge.

She's "The Kaiser will steal my string" crazy.

She thinks that Sarah Palin is stealing her daughter’s letters from camp.

Seriously.


“Almost everyone I work with on projects related to this campaign for liberty has been experiencing computer harassment: emails are stripped, messages disappear. That's not all: people's bank accounts are being tampered with: wire transfers to banks vanish in midair. I personally keep opening bank accounts that are quickly corrupted by fraud. Money vanishes. Coworkers of mine have to keep opening new email accounts as old ones become infected. And most disturbingly to me personally is the mail tampering I have both heard of and
experienced firsthand. My tax returns vanished from my mailbox. All my larger envelopes arrive ripped straight open apparently by hand. When I show the postman, he says "That's impossible." Horrifyingly to me is the impact on my family. My childrens' report cards are returned again and again though perfectly addressed; their invitations are turned back; and my daughters many letters from camp? Vanished. All of them. Not one arrived. Try explaining that to a smart thirteen year old. Try explaining it in a way that still makes her feel secure and comfortable.” [emphasis mine]
Yup, it's probably hard for Mom to explain to her daughter that Mom's elevator no longer goes to the top floor.

Memo to Ms. Wolf: if the Cheney-Rove axis had a tithe of the power you suggest, you would have been in the gulag long ago. Instead, you’re free to publish your ranting over the web.

Secondly, even totalitarian fascist organizations have finite resources. Why would anyone waste time or energy on Naomi Wolf? Especially when her chief political goals – expansion of state power – coincide with their own?